_________

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Vrrrroooom

Hi there, it is 2:24 AM. No, I do not have insomnia. No, fuzband is not sucking in the curtains and sawing down trees. Nope it is all because of my laptop.
I took my mother in law to the Dr. on Monday. She lives about two hours away and her doctor is two hours from her house. So I spent six hours in the car on Monday...yippee. After spending six hours in the car I mowed her lawn (she has big time back issues). After a few adult beverages I hit the hay-hard. I got up late today and drove back home (2 hours on Tuesday for those counting). I went to Wal Mart grabbed groceries and high tailed it for home. Cooked dinner and then ahh relaxation on the couch with my laptop around nine-ish. SuperWeezie went to go get my laptop for me and said the words of doom "I don't see the power cord for your laptop in your bag.". At that point my stomach and heart shared the same space. A sickening feeling washed over me. My power cord was two hours away. Since I love my laptop and I am on it for at least two or more hours a day not having it was not an option.
SuperWeezie was a trooper and agreed to make the four hour round trip with me. So here I sit at 2:30 AM writing this post to you. I have clocked 19 hours of driving/riding in a vehicle in the last four days and I am pooped! My back is not happy with me at all and I am tired. So since all this tiredness you would think I would be asleep by now. Oh noooooo I am wide awake and typing waiting for back pain meds to kick in. Thank God for back pain meds.
On to other subjects. My pants are fitting, the capri pants that were once saggy baggy about two weeks ago fit perfectly right now. That is not good, not good at all. I have not been able to or wanted to get on a scale the last few days to see just how bad the damage is. I have actually been trying pretty hard to eat well over the last week and have done alright about 87% of the time. So the fitting into the capri pants has made me decide that joining the YMCA is a must. I have to get into the water aerobics class with the quickness! I cannot let myself backslide right back to where I was. I have worked way too hard to get where I am at only to end up back at the beginning.
On a happier note I witnessed my best friend's wedding on Saturday. The wedding was absolutely simple and beautiful. It was great to watch the culmination of a relationship into a happy moment that you can share with close friends and family. I have known her since I was five so it is safe to say that we are acquainted with one another. I was overjoyed to be able to share the occasion with her. Watching her get married reminded me of how happy I was to find and marry my husband. It brought back all the joy and happiness that we felt at that time. It was truly one of the high points of my life.
I think the meds are kicking in I am beginning to sound like a Hallmark card.
Keep your feet on the ground and your head out of the fridge-Puck Out.

No comments: