Monday, September 14, 2009

Buns Anyone?

I am probably going to be chastised by someone for announcing this "too" early. SuperPucky is SuperPreggy. Seven weeks to be exact.
Ok, you may get off the floor and return to your seated/laying/floating/orbiting position.
It was September 10th approximately 7:00 PM and I was killing time before I met the Fuzband for dinner. I decided to buy a pregnancy test for sh*ts and giggles since TOM was over a week late. I knew that the result would be negative because it was the week before. I just knew this was a waste of time. Hey, I had an hour to kill and I had to pee so what the hell!
I decided that the Wal Mart bathroom was the best place to pee on a stick and settled to do my business. I fought with the wrapper cursing it silently in the stall and finally got it open. Then I whizzed on the end of it and sat it on top of the toilet paper dispenser to watch the ONE pink line show up. Before the test could completely finish it's two minute requirement TWO lines were staring me in the face. I had already read the instructions on the box and on the test itself. I had to read them again and again. Two lines meant that you are preggers. TWO lines 1,2...one two ment that you are going to have a baby omgyouaregoingtohaveababyomgomgomg!!!
At that point it took everything I had in my being to not scream at the top of my lungs in the handicapped stall of a Wal Mart bathroom for fear someone would think I was mental. I tried to hold in the tears of happiness as I walked out of the bathroom. How crazy would I look coming out of the bathroom at Wallyworld with a goofy smile on my face crying my eyes out.
I called my SuperWeeze before I even made it to the car. Within thirty minutes half of the east coast knew I had ye' old bun in oven. The one person who didn't know was the most important, SuperDaddy. I thought it best to tell him in person lest he put his car upside down on the side of the interstate. That and the fact that he was due any minute to meet me for dinner. In the romantic light of the Mexican restaurant sodium lights I gleefully showed him my two lined surprise.
Now I have hurty tatas and crampiness and smellavision and a little bit of disbelief that in the first week of May I will be welcoming a new person into the world.
I am now working a temp job and I am waiting on my "permanent" job to call me back and tell me that I for reals have a job. The "permanent" job was calling all of my references and checking my job history last week so I assume I should hear something within the next few days.
My life is pretty much inside out and upside down right now and I have this strange feeling of "it is all good" mixed with mild hysteria. I am just rolling with it at the moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I found your blog through someone elses! And congrats on the loss! Hope all goes well with your pregnancy :-)